Thank you for your interest in becoming a Substitute for FISD.
Substitutes cover for: Teachers, Educational Aides, Nurse/LVN and Receptionists
Notice to all Substitute Applicants: Please make sure that you have a valid e-mail address listed on your application, as this is the main form of contact throughout the hiring process. We will only contact qualified applicants when the demand requires us to expand our substitute numbers. Applications will be reviewed throughout the school year.
Why become a Substitute for Fredericksburg ISD?
- Flexible working hours
- Great practice for future teacher
- You choose the age group you would like to teach
- Good second income
- Substitute teaching is FUN!
See: 2016-2017 Substitute Pay Rates.pdf for pay information.
We recruit individuals who:
- Enjoy working with children with different backgrounds and abilities.
- Believe in our District's Mission - "To ensure all students participate in meaningful learning experiences that incorporate and develop the 21st century knowledge and skills required to be successful in post-secondary education, the regional and national workforce, and the global economy”.
- Want to make a positive difference in a child's life.
In order to be eligible to substitute you must meet one of the following requirements:
- Certified teacher (require copy of teaching certificate)
- Completed some college hours in an accredited university (provide copy of transcript)
- HS Graduate (provide copy of diploma or certificate)
Please review the Substitute Handbook.pdf BEFORE YOU APPLY. This information should help you understand what is required of a substitute in our schools.
Click here for job postings and to apply