Thank you for your interest in becoming a Teacher with FISD.
FREDERICKSBURG ISD REQUIREMENTS FOR EMPLOYMENT
To be employed by FISD, the applicant must provide the HR Department with:
- Official Transcripts
- Texas Teaching Certificate or Out of State Teaching Certificate
- Provide a Statement of Eligibility through an Alternative Certification/University Based Program
- Passed the required content test in subject or area to be Highly Qualified under the No Child Left Behind Act
- Passed the ExCET or TExES exam for the No Child Left Behind Act
Please make sure that your Texas Education Profile (TEA) is up to date with your current information.
BASIC REQUIREMENTS ON HOW TO BECOME A TEACHER IN TEXAS
- You must have a Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university. (The only exemption from the degree requirement is for individuals seeking Career and Technology certification to teach Career and Technology Courses)
- You must complete a teacher training through an approved Program. See: Becoming a Certified Texas Educator.pdf
- You must successfully complete the appropriate teacher certification tests for the subject and grade level you wish to teach.
Out of State Certificate requirements and other information see: Teacher Certification Requirements.pdf
Teacher/Coach, Career Tech. and Band positions (personnel should hold a CDL drivers' license to be able to drive a bus and also have the UIL Acknowledgement Form completed and attach it to your application).
Teaching positions require certifications that vary depending on grade level etc., please read the job requirements carefully and supply all required certification documents when applying.
Click here for job
postings and to apply
To return to the HR home page