This wonderful site provides 50 science experiments that are very easy to do at home. They were listed in a first grade learning website, but when I opened them and studied them, I realized they would work across many grade levels. Included:
- a great video on Leonardo de Vinci in the Build a de Vinci bridge section. This might be my favorite activity.
- build an egg drop container
- learn about plant transpiration (EXCELLENT)
- stand on a pile of paper cups (We did this at family STEAM night)
- solar oven (Great for Earth Day on April 22)
- engineer a newspaper tower
- different ideas for catapults.
Enjoy! Send me pictures if you build something from this site. I will put them in our picture section and on our private FACEBOOK account, if it is okay with your parents.