Degrees and Certifications:
Hello, my name is Monica Ward. I look forward to serving you as the Principal of Fredericksburg Elementary School (FES). Let me briefly introduce myself:
- I grew up in Alvin, Texas where I attended public school.
- After graduation, I married my husband, Wick, and we have two grown children, Trent and Jackie. I have 6 grandchildren, the youngest was born in May, 2018.
- I graduated from the University of Houston with a Bachelor of Arts in Elementary Education.
- In 2008, I received a Masters of Education in Educational Management, receiving my principal certification at that time.
- I have been in education for the last 25 years. Eight years as an Elementary teacher and 6 years as an Instructional Coach (Literacy Coordinator).
- This will be my seventh year as the Principal of FES. I was the Assistant Principal at FES for 4 years prior to that.
I am excited about the new year and look forward to working closely with you. Your child’s safety and education are the most important things to me and the reason why I come to school each day. I truly believe that together we can make a difference!
Please see the attached parent letter. This will provide you with general information on the daily operations of the FES campus. If you have any questions, please call me at 830-997-9595.