Degrees and Certifications:
Hello, my name is Monica Ward. I look forward to serving you as the Principal of Fredericksburg Elementary School (FES). Let me briefly introduce myself:
- I grew up in Alvin, Texas where I attended public school.
- After graduation, I married my husband, Wick, and we have two grown children, Trent and Jackie. I have 6 grandchildren, the youngest was born in May, 2018.
- I graduated from the University of Houston with a Bachelor of Arts in Elementary Education.
- In 2008, I received a Masters of Education in Educational Management, receiving my principal certification at that time.
- I have been in education for the last 24 years. Eight years as an Elementary teacher and 6 years as an Instructional Coach (Literacy Coordinator).
- This will be my sixth year as the Principal of FES. I was the Assistant Principal at FES for 4 years prior to that.
I am excited about the new year and look forward to working closely with you. Your child’s safety and education are the most important things to me and the reason why I come to school each day. I truly believe that together we can make a difference!